There was a time in my life when I thought those who ranted about self-care were lazy selfish people who were just into the fluffy mushy stuff as a way to avoid hard work and the real world. I don’t think that any more – in fact understanding self care probably saved me from being very ill.
Learning about self-care showed and helped me to slow down, be present in my life and most of all – how to be happy. It is now something I do every single day, to get me in flow so I can be the best possible version of me. I now believe it is selfish NOT to carry out self-care because when I care for myself, I can help others in a more productive and supportive way.
For me having good self-care is now a non negotiable – it is an everyday MUST !
My 12 personal daily self-care DO’s are all based around things I NEVER did for myself before, but honour myself with now. Maybe there are a couple you can add into your self-care!
LORRAINE ‘S DAILY DO’s
- I start each day saying good morning to myself and smile
- I have breakfast
- I treat my physical body with appreciation – walk – dance – move – stretch
- I don’t compare myself to others – love me for me
- I practice breath work, meditation and/or mindfulness
- I never believe all my thoughts – some trick me into staying small and safe – that’s boring 😉
- I celebrate my wins in life – big and small 😉
- I do what makes me happy and lights me up EVERYDAY
- I treat others as I would want to be treated
- I am patient with myself – I am ever evolving
- I remember I can say no (with love) – if I don’t – my yes is worthless
- I write things down – diary, journal and I love a list 😉